Automobiles are finicky, challenging machines that require lots of attention and upkeep. Cars are also noisy. Anytime you’re driving, you’re likely to hear the hum of your engine. There are a number of other sounds, however, that may indicate a whole host of problems with the mechanical functions of your vehicle.
If you begin hearing unfamiliar sounds coming from your car’s engine, you should reach out for help from a shop specializing in auto repair in Madison, TN. Qualified mechanics can easily diagnose your car’s sounds and help you get back on the road as safely and promptly as possible.
Here are just some of the troubling sounds your car may emit, and the most common causes of each of them:
- Acceleration squeals: If your car squeaks or squeals during acceleration, it could be caused by belts that are loose or slipping from their intended position. This sound may also be caused by a misaligned drive pulley.
- Clicking from the engine: Engine clicking is a troublesome sound that is frequently easy to address. If your engine is clicking, you should check your oil levels immediately. Engine clicks are most commonly the result of low engine oil levels.
- Whining: If your car is routinely whining, you should consult with a shop offering auto repair in Madison, TN. Whining sounds are commonly caused by faulty transmissions. If your car is whining, be sure to address it before the problem worsens.
- Loud bangs: Loud bangs could indicate a backfire, or an incorrect gas-to-air mixture ratio. If your car is making loud banging sounds, it’s best to drive directly to a mechanic offering auto repair in Madison, TN.
- Engine knocking: Be sure to always use the octane of gasoline specified in your owner’s manual in order to prevent your engine from making knocking sounds. If you are using a gasoline that is too low of an octane, it could cause your engine knocks.
- Hissing under the hood: This is probably indicative of a leaking pipe or vacuum tube inside your engine compartment. If you hear hissing under the hood directly after shutting off your engine, you should consult with an expert in auto repair in Madison, TN.
- Flapping: If you hear a flapping sound while operating your vehicle, it is probably indicative of a broken belt, or a belt that is in the process of disintegrating.
Since 1982, Rivergate Muffler & Auto Repair has been providing high-quality auto repair in Madison, TN. We are proud to be the region’s foremost mechanics’ shop. You can count on us to provide you with safe and effective automotive repairs. We can easily diagnose and address a slew of problems. If you are concerned about the strange sounds emanating from your vehicle, be sure to give one of our friendly and talented service representatives as soon as possible.
Rivergate Muffler & Auto Repair is a full-service provider of vehicular services. Reach out to one of our knowledgeable professionals today to learn more about how we can help you get your car back on the road as promptly as possible.
Categorised in: Auto Repair Shop
This post was written by Writer