When it is summertime and the temperature outside is high, the last thing you want is to sit in a car with an air conditioner that is blowing hot air or not blowing at all. Moreover, being in a car with a broken AC is also dangerous because cars heat up very quickly. You can be at risk of severe dehydration or stroke. Often your car will warn you if something is wrong with the lights on your dash. Stop by and get a check engine light diagnostic today.
There can be many reasons why your air conditioner has stopped working. Here is a list of the most common:
Why Is My Car’s Air Conditioning System Not Working?
The reasons can be the following:
- The cooling fans are broken. Your vehicle uses cooling fans to move cool air into your car’s cabin. If the fans are not working properly or are broken, there won’t be any cold air coming out of the vents.
- The compressor got broken. The compressor plays a very important role in the AC system in your car because it keeps air moving.
- There might be leaks. Often, problems with the car’s AC are associated with leaks. To find out if there are any leaks, you need to check the hose manifolds on the compressor, check the valves, check the fittings to ensure they are all secure, and check for pin holes in the condenser.
- You need to recharge your car’s AC. Sometimes, your air conditioner needs to be recharged to start working again. You can recharge it yourself because it is not complicated in general, but it is probably a better idea to make an appointment with a professional mechanic who will do it for you.
- There are electrical issues. An electrical issue can also affect your car’s air conditioner and the way it is working. That is because certain parts of your AC system are electrical, and if they are not functioning properly, your conditioner will not blow cold air.
Rivergate Muffler & Auto Repair – Professional Auto Repair in Madison, TN
If you noticed there is an issue with the AC in your car, or it has stopped working completely, the best thing you can do is to look for professional help. If you live in Madison, TN area, you should reach out to Rivergate Muffler & Auto Repair. Our experienced and certified mechanics specialize in all types of repairs, including issues with your AC. Our mission is to help our clients solve their issues and keep their vehicles running smoothly. If you have any questions or you want to schedule an appointment to diagnose your car’s AC problems, feel free to check out the website or call us.
Categorised in: Auto AC Service
This post was written by admin