Five Reasons Why Small to Medium-Sized Businesses Need Fleet Maintenance from a Certified Auto Mechanic in Madison, TNFebruary 6, 2018 9:52 pm Leave your thoughts
Businesses have a lot going on everyday, including keeping customers happy, doing inventory, maintaining financial records, taking care of staffing and, if your company owns work vehicles, maintaining your fleet. Unfortunately, with everything else going on, fleet maintenance can be all too easy to overlook. Oil changes, brake maintenance, engine inspections and more are all important maintenance tasks that require top priority, especially since your livelihood may depend greatly on your fleet vehicles being out on the road.
Here are some of the reasons why small to medium-sized businesses need fleet maintenance from a certified auto mechanic in Madison, TN:
- Saves money: Although you will have to allocate part of your business budget to regular fleet maintenance, you will save a whole lot more money in the long run. Fleet vehicles that are properly cared for will run more efficiently, can lower fuel costs and are less likely to need expensive repairs. Another way that preventative maintenance saves your company money is that your work vehicles won’t break down as much, helping you avoid costly delays. Furthermore, your drivers will avoid fines and penalties if stopped for safety checks.
- Increases safety: The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that around 40 percent of all fatal workplace injuries are due to transportation incidents. Some of these incidents are caused by driver error, while others are connected to faulty vehicles that have not been well maintained. Consider the possible repercussions should your driver’s brakes or steering fail, or the engine stall. Your company is not only responsible for the safety of its fleet drivers, but for the safety of other motorists on the road as well.
- Avoids downtime: Having fleet vehicles out of commission can lead to unplanned downtime, which impacts productivity and budget. Your driver may not be able to do their job without a vehicle, leaving customers high and dry. You might end up spending money to rent replacement vehicles or losing money because you couldn’t deliver a shipment. To avoid downtime from unexpected breakdowns, schedule regular fleet vehicle maintenance and service.
- Helps you look professional: Your fleet vehicles may be marked with your company’s logo, so you should want to present your brand to the community in clean, well-maintained vehicles. Taking care of your vehicles gives others a good impression of your company, while neglecting maintenance may raise questions about your business practices.
- Let GPS tracking do the remembering: Many fleets can benefit from fleet management software that tracks the maintenance needs of vehicles. Built-in maintenance reminders will send your team notifications once a certain number of hours or miles have been logged to help you adhere to a proper maintenance schedule. Some software can also detect impending problems with vehicle components and give you plenty of notice that repairs are needed.
If you are searching for an experienced auto mechanic in Madison, TN, look no further than the team at Rivergate Muffler & Auto Repair. Call us today to schedule fleet maintenance for your vehicles!
Categorised in: Mechanic
This post was written by Writer